Carmelita online

I saw a shirt once that said "Procrastinate now." I like to follow instructions...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Baby Girl Golestani

Last Sunday my cousin Shanthi had a baby girl! It's their (Shanthi and Hoda Golestani- for those who may or may not know them) first child!! That means her parents are GRANDparents now!! CrAzy!! My mum is freaking out enough just being a grand aunt- imagine what she'll be like when I have a kid! Shanthi's first also means that our grandma is now a GREAT grandma- very special! Grandma had to leave Perth today for 2 months so Alenna (the baby) decided that she would come 2 weeks early so that she could see her great grandma- sweet girl, Alenna...

When I asked at the front desk of the hospital where their room was, I only needed to start saying Golestani and the receptionist finished it off- she knew exactly who I was talking about- they've had about 30 visiters per day!! Gotta love being a Baha'i...


So this is baby Alenna and her mummy, not necessarily the best photo of her but doesnt she look like a little moosh (Alenna, not Shanthi!) -so cute! This photo was taken on Monday so she was 1 day old. I saw her again on Wednesday and she definitely gets cuter by the day!

Maybe I'm just bias coz I'm an aunty but even the midwife said she was one of the cutest (when Hoda asked if she says that to everyone she answered that she just keeps her mouth shut for the ugly ones!!) Even though technically she is my second cousin and not my niece, I am still "Aunty Carmel" -I think it sound great!

More photos to come... stay tuned!

4 Comments:

Blogger Martin K said...

wow ... congrats AGAIN!

I don't have siblings so I will never be "uncle martin". But I will simply force the children of my friends to call me that ... HA!

Saturday, June 17, 2006 8:33:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet alenna :) that kid has so many adopted aunts and uncles, i can't keep track!

Saturday, June 24, 2006 6:04:00 pm  
Blogger caz said...

im actually related though so its ok!! but dont worry, she will still call you aunty (or uncle) anonymous :)

Sunday, June 25, 2006 11:45:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it the same shanthi, cakes by shanthi lady?

Monday, December 16, 2013 12:02:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home