Carmelita online

I saw a shirt once that said "Procrastinate now." I like to follow instructions...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Monday, May 22, 2006

battle of the email providers

I used to use Hotmail til I started to get too much junk mail and was at uni anyway so I started to use my uni account. Then someone sent me an invite for gmail and I signed up but didnt use the account at all- what was the point, I was happy with my student account... Until I was made secretary of our LSA and needed a big inbox to get all the emails forwarded to... After using gmail for a while I realised that it was infact amazing! I started using gmail for everything, and rarely check my other accounts...

I still keep my hotmail, but mostly for msn messenger, although now I've discovered google talk- I love google, google knows everything, but I still think msn has got it over google talk.

I want to hear people's opinions: Which is best? hotmail, gmail, yahoo, westnet, iinet, some-random-european-net...

4 Comments:

Blogger patience said...

ok well i just had a similar argument with a friend of mine, and well i used to love hotmail, it was my first ever email... then as a kid i didn't realise that when you sign up for everything in the world, you get a LOT of junkmail. So one day i decided to start anew and i got yahoo! and it was the best thing ever, actually i got 2 accounts, one to sign up to random things and one for actual decent emails. Then i was invited to gmail which was very exciting but i couldn't make the switch because i had JUST got yahoo. I just use it for google talk and to be random but i like the concept of conversations, i forward all my gmails to my hotmail anyway.
Then my parents set up a westnet account for me and my mum and sister were the only people who would email it, so i just forwarded all its emails to my yahoo. Then i started uni and i don't want to forward that to anything because it gets a lot of uni junk and ads. So, YEH, i have MANY email addresses. But the BEST is YAHOO! BY FAR!
and have you seen what they've done with yahoo home page lately?? ITs amazing!

Sorry for the long incredibly boring comment...

Monday, May 22, 2006 6:33:00 pm  
Blogger Martin K said...

Ok, i cant judge Yahoo as I have never used it. I started with hotmail but 8 years on nothing really changed. I gave gmail a try and i was blown away. It's perfect. Especially for orangnised and efficient people like myself :) -- it's filing, labling and search functions are amazing. I haven't even mentioned the storage yet .. 2.6GB ... my God ... what else do you want. Further, all 99.9% of the junk mail is filtered out. .--- And now!! the lastes chat function ... fantastic!

What more does one need?

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 2:14:00 am  
Blogger caz said...

woo go gmail!

martin, hook me up with your gmail address- i will delete the comment after so that randoms dont decide to up the junk mail in your inbox :P

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 6:05:00 pm  
Blogger patience said...

ok i think i was convinced by that martin... my gmail already gets junk demently so i think i will make another one - i can always invite myself :D
but i don't think i'm ready for the change yet as i don't really ever get any junk to my yahoo.. at all so its kinda perfect!
BUT i love organising my emails.. i just though gmail doesn't have folders so i was a bit put off.. and the whole "star" thing didn't do it for me, and the search function on yahoo is exactly the same on gmail.. hrm

Thursday, May 25, 2006 12:19:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home