Carmelita online

I saw a shirt once that said "Procrastinate now." I like to follow instructions...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Fogarty Fellow

Shazza and I are both studying Education (as our loyal readers most probably already know). We both applied to do our second practical placement in a rural school and were accepted to go to Katanning Senior High School. Katanning is about 4 or so hours out of Perth and there is 1 Baha'i living there, its only 1 hour away from Albany though where I have family and there are several Baha'is. Not that the number of Baha'is there is the most important thing, but we know them so its nice, and we can support a B cluster so thats nice too.

Anyway, back on track, the Fogarty Foundation offers scholarships to a few people who want to do a rural placement based on commitment to rural education and academic merit. Shazza Rey and myself both got a scholarship! Woo! OK fine, this year everyone who applied got one- but still, I've never received a scholarship before (I've also never applied for one either so I have a pretty good record so far)!



This is us at the awards ceremony, most of the awards were pretty big (and they probably got a quite a bit of money for them) and so us rural scholarship recipients were having a little joke about how we only got a piece of paper when everyone else got names enscribed on shields and what have you...

Meanwhile my dad was far more excited about the scholarship than I and every now'n'then bursts into song (to the tune of that song you sing at birthdays etc "jolly good fellow"):

For she's a Forgarty fellow, for she's a Fogarty fellow, for she's a Fogarty fe-ellowwww, and so say all of us...

3 Comments:

Blogger Martin K said...

many congrats!!!! you girls look so proud, hahah

so in a few years ... it will be you standing in the bottom row and getting your names enscribed on"shields.

Saturday, June 17, 2006 8:30:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um...fat chance...but one can always wish...although one things caz forgot to mention is that the girl who gave a speech won our award last year so perhaps next year it'll be one of us giving the speech!
meanwhile seeing your picture reminded me to see what pictures my dad took, i haven't seen them yet...
it was a great night and i got to mingle with sarah a bit which was fantastic!

Sunday, June 18, 2006 9:29:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe, i just noticed everyone in the top row is looking at me and laughing and even the lady in the bottom row - i bet the people taking pictures that day went home and had a good laugh at all the funny faces i made, hahahahaha.

thats gold jerry, GOLD!

Sunday, June 18, 2006 9:32:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home