Carmelita online

I saw a shirt once that said "Procrastinate now." I like to follow instructions...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Underwater photos

I promised underwater pictures of the reef fish, so here they are:

Look at the cute little blue one hiding in the coral at the bottom, sweet guy...

Like I said, the fish were amazing, so many colours!

This one is known as "the Alchemist"

Umm...

OK fine... they are not my underwater photos... did I have anyone fooled??? I would like to thank Faz for letting me post these photos- sweet guy, that Faz. disclaimer: Farzad loves his fish and would never actually attack them with such a look on his face :P

So the actual photos from our underwater camera didnt turn out quite so vibrant (infact one whole role of film didnt turn out at all)! But here are a few to prove that I wasnt making things up (Don't mind the flash that you see in each photo; I couldnt be bothered scanning them in so I just took photos with my digi of the hard copy photos we got from the underwater camera):

See I was actually there!
That black thing next to my left hand is a fish, it was sooooo cute! It would swim back and forth around my arms like a cat walks around your feet rubbing its face on you. I think it knew that I was a tourist and was putting a show on for me, dad thinks that it was being territorial and telling me to get lost.

Go against the flow
This one was taken in quite shallow water, I think I was actually standing. I love how they are all swimming in the same direction except for one fish! These are called "dart fish", I think because they "dart" around.

Ref
Sweet Ref, love him! Aptly named by Sanavasli, seconded by myself, approved by Farzad. These were one of my favourite kind of fish at Ningaloo.

This scene was FAR more colourful in real-life
The coral in the bottom left was an orangy-brown colour with glowing blue tips and there were heaps of little blue fish (like the one in Faz's tank) swimming in and around it. That big fish was actually multicoloured and very shiny and bright, he would hang out with the little blue ones often, he was about 45cm long. Also swimming amongst the little blue ones were lots of little Refs.

The Alchemist
Well, he's not quite the Alchemist, but he's a bit similar. Very inquisitive little guy. That is my leg- he got so close to us. The coral next to him looks like a big brain.

1 Comments:

Blogger patience said...

nice ocean photos!
sounds like you had fuN!

Sunday, July 23, 2006 6:13:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home