Carmelita online

I saw a shirt once that said "Procrastinate now." I like to follow instructions...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Saturday, May 19, 2007

dis·en·chant·ed

To be freed from illusion or false belief.

So I believed that I was going to be a good teacher and that the students would obey me because they didn't want to disappoint me because they liked me, and that I would have such amazing lessons that they would develop such a passion for learning that they wouldn't have time in class to focus on anything other than the subject at hand...

...I have now become disenchanted.

7 Comments:

Blogger shazzarey said...

hehehe, i hear you.

Saturday, May 19, 2007 4:27:00 pm  
Blogger chndrh said...

hahahahahaha!!!! we've all gotta come down eventually! it's just such a quick drop to reality in teaching hey?

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 7:45:00 pm  
Blogger Richard Pettypiece said...

don't despair! you're still the coolest teacher in Australia (that I know of). Hehe, I'm sure you make a fantastic teacher!

Sunday, May 27, 2007 8:43:00 pm  
Blogger caz said...

*whispers*
the 2 other comments on this post are from teachers too...

right now i dont feel so bad, even though they still dont listen to me- i feel like i'm working part time as all the 11s and 12s are out at exams and worklink! we only have lower school here (i wish it was the other way around though)

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 4:58:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont worry Carmel, if i was in your class i would have developed a passion for learning! ;)

Monday, June 11, 2007 9:32:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and Anonymous is Dara :)

Monday, June 11, 2007 9:33:00 am  
Blogger caz said...

sweet anonymous dara- thanks!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 8:09:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home