Carmelita online

I saw a shirt once that said "Procrastinate now." I like to follow instructions...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Saturday, July 29, 2006

We're going to the Zoo Zoo Zoo

how about you you you?
we're going to the zoo zoo zoo
you can come too too too...

My rellos and I at the zoo

I LOVE my Dip Ed!

On Tuesday in My Science Curriculum unit we had an actor come in and take the class for 2 hours and we did all sorts of fun exercises to increase our confidence as performers (coz teaching is sort of like performing) and getting us outside our comfort zones (made me think of Sanavasli). Today we went for an excursion to the zoo so that next year when we are all teaching our own science classes we will know what kind of stuff they offer at the zoo... So much fun! And clearly I'm always looking for "blogable" moments so I had my camera with me (to tell you the truth my camera was with me all the time before I even had a blog but now there's added reason)!


Speaking of Performing- the Orangutans were SUCH performers, they really would show off whenever people came past. Very human-like (Orangutan comes from the Indonesian Orang hutan which translates to "Forest person") they really are people of the forest...

Oh and the zoo didn't have any zebras for the African Savannah exhibit so they just got horses and painted stripes on them! The Rhinos make me think of that scene in Ace Ventura... they really look soo fake- like they are just wearing a rhino suit!


I was sharing with the rest of my class my knowledge of these animals (all gained from animated movies) as well as making up a bit of "balderdash" along the way, I'm gonna be such a GREAT teacher! I should write a book "the world according to C a r m e l C r o f t" so that I can reference my claims...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, 'zoo' reminds me of something very sentimental...

please tell me you remember "welcome to....jamberooo"

good times

Sunday, July 30, 2006 3:55:00 pm  
Blogger shazzarey said...

aww i love my dip ed too :)

Sunday, July 30, 2006 6:05:00 pm  
Blogger caz said...

welcome to... jamberoo00OO00ooo... where YOU control the action.

sweet monastroodle ofCOURSE i remember- good times!!

Sunday, July 30, 2006 8:12:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home