Carmelita online

I saw a shirt once that said "Procrastinate now." I like to follow instructions...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Surprise Road-trip

Last weekend it was my cousin Meetra's 21st. I'm in Katanning and another cousin, Mary, is in Albany...

Being slightly crazy and loving Meetra an awful lot, I decide that the only option is to go to Perth for her party. I dont have a car and I wanted to take Mary with me anyway, soooo the wonderful Parkers (Albany cousins) lent me their car.

I got a lift with a fellow teacher to Albany (2hrs), had a cuppa at the Parkers then took their daughter and car and headed off for Perth(well Armadale-4hrs). The Party was lovely, Meetra was suitably surprised, I saw my family, got the jobs out of the paper, stayed at another cousins house (sweet Rachel Parker-Roohi), and left for Albany again on Sunday morning (5 hours). Had more tea with the Parkers then swapped cars (took the little car this time) for my drive back to Katanning (2hrs). I made it in time to watch Australian Idol and do my lesson plans for Monday...

It felt like more than 13 hours on the road...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home