Carmelita online

I saw a shirt once that said "Procrastinate now." I like to follow instructions...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

How can this face be intimidating?


Seriously, I ask you, how can anyone feel intimidated by me?

I'm finally getting around to the Carl saga... This boy who got withdrawn from the class asked to talk to the teacher (apparantly to apologise) and the HOLA (Head of Learning Area) told me that I should watch (to see how the teacher handled the situation). So there I am watching, when Carl suddenly gets all angry and runs out of the room muttering something like "big eyeballs in ma face!"

...by the time the class had finished EVERYONE (all the staff) knew about it and were all teasing me about staring at Carl and being intimidating! (The HOLA pulled me aside and said something abut how I shouldnt look at the Indigenous kids coz its seen as threatening- HE told me to look!)

5 Comments:

Blogger patience said...

why don't you just HOLA at him?

Thursday, September 07, 2006 10:10:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DON'T lose the stare caz. staring is GUN.... kids are terrified of it.

i heard some kids talking about it once...."oh, don't give me the TEACHER look! it's evil!"

which means its GOLD, mate, GOLD!!

Friday, September 08, 2006 5:19:00 pm  
Blogger indoovibly said...

Every day I'm reminded of just how rewarding our chosen career path can be... 3 weeks to go!

Friday, September 08, 2006 10:47:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carmel, they don't feel intimadated by you when you're smiling. :)
But when you're not....(ugh I Better not say it).

Monday, September 18, 2006 7:58:00 pm  
Blogger leila said...

dear caz.

your face is definitely familiar, maybe i've seen your big googely eyes at some youth conf or cong back in the early noughties?

i only lived in sydney for 2 and half years, tassie for half year.

luffffff.
leial

Sunday, October 22, 2006 1:14:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home