Carmelita online

I saw a shirt once that said "Procrastinate now." I like to follow instructions...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Saturday, August 26, 2006

The National Public Toilet Map

As you are aware by now, Shaz and I are off to Katanning tomorrow. I was asking google for a map of Katanning and I stumbled across The National Public Toilet Map... It's GOLD! I especially like the Trip Planner, where you can plan a route from nearly any starting point to any destination in Australia. The system will identify the quickest route (by road or on foot) and create a list of nearby toilets.



I was conversing with a respected friend of mine who inquired as to whether this is an initiative that exists in other countries too or if Australia is the only weak-bladdered nation. I decided to do some research... According to Wikipedia:

The National Public Toilet Map is part of the Australian government's National Continence Management Strategy (NCMS). The map allows more Australians with urinary and fecal incontinence problems to live and participate in their communities with dignity and confidence, by making it easier for them to find information about the location of public toilets.

More than 3.8 million Australians are estimated to suffer continence issues, including families with young children. This represents 18% of the Australian population.


How very interesting... AND useful!! :P

1 Comments:

Blogger creative reflections said...

how could I not comment on this blog?????I ask you....such wisdom...and so very thoughtful of you to share with us all....I have always belived the majority of Australians were anally retentive so this is a very positive action by our berocrates to help them all out...if you get my drift...well enjoy your country Australia experience...and remember not to compare the beautiful country with the people...hehehehehehehehehehehe
take care of yourselves...much love terri

Thursday, August 31, 2006 10:14:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home